Gsteig - Walliser Wispile (1982 M.a.s.l)
- Summit route
- suitable for snowboards
- Forest roads
- Clear area
The extension of the Wispile towards Wallis, which rises between the valleys of Lauenen and Gsteig, is always worth a ski tour. Especially in the high winter, when a lot of fresh snow has fallen, a winter storm is raging on the surrounding high alpine peaks or the danger of avalanches does not allow major ski tours, the Walliser Wispile is an ideal destination.
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Alterative: Valley station Sanetsch
More information on gstaad.ch: Travel & Public Transport.