Indoor-Activities in the Destination Gstaad
The Destination Gstaad has a wealth of attractive sports and leisure facilities offering a range of different activities.
Curling is becoming increasingly popular in the Destination Gstaad and is played on the ice rink in Gstaad Sports Centre. Different tournaments are also held on the natural ice rinks in the Destination during the winter season.
- Season: mid-October until end of March
- Annual Curling Programme: www.curling-gstaad.ch
- Gstaad Sports Centre
- Information and reservations: ESC Zweisimmen Rinderberg, Postfach, 3770 Zweisimmen
- ESC Zweisimmen Rinderberg
Are you up for a really special adventure? The STATION is a world for working and trying things out. Here you will find an exciting engine room with a fascinating mix of ropes, gears, cranks and marble runs. At the different work stations, you can let your fantasy run wild while working and making handicrafts. Outside you can climb around in the rope garden and romp around on the playground. The best part of all is that even if it rains, you won’t be bored.
Gstaad and tennis are an unbeatable doubles team. Every July, the ATP Tour's elite compete in the Swiss Open Gstaad for valuable world-ranking points. And if you simply want to stay fit on holiday, you'll find plenty of tennis courts in the Destination Gstaad.
Public tennis courts
Gstaad Sports Centre:
- 3 indoor courts
- Reservations: +41 33 748 80 90
Badminton and Squash
Quick reactions and good hand-to-eye coordination are what are needed for badminton and squash. The Destination Gstaad offers the perfect facilities for this.
- 1 Badminton-field at the Gstaad Sports Centre, Reservations:
Tel. +41 33 748 80 90
- Hotel Palace, Reservations:
Tel. +41 33 748 50 00
- Wellness & Spa Hotel Ermitage, Reservations:
Tel. +41 33 748 60 60
Gstaad Indoor Pool
Gstaad indoor swimming pool is located in the Sports Centre and is centrally located. When swimming, guests can enjoy magnificent views of the surrounding mountainous scenery. So regardless of whether you're working out, doing Aqua Fit, just splashing around or having a sliding party on the water chutes – you'll have a great time here!
- Water chute
- Pool: 25 metres
- 1-metre diving board
- Table tennis
- Snack bar
- Other sports available in the Sports Centre: gym, tennis, badminton, sauna, solarium, massage
The alternative when the weather's not on your side. The perfect place for climbers to work their muscles when the weather's bad so that they can tackle even the most demanding faces.
Fitness workouts, body toning and stress reduction – visitors to the Destination Gstaad will find many different ways of keeping fit.
- Move it, in the Gstaad Sports Centre,
Mobile: +41 79 356 14 77
- Bodyfit, Zweisimmen, Mobile: +41 78 685 46 41
Guided outings into the unspoilt countryside or riding lessons in the indoor hall – in classic, English or Western style: the hearts of horse-lovers are sure to beat even faster here.
Offer Gstaad Equestrian Centre
- Children and beginners riding lessons in German, English and French
- Dressage and jumping lessons
- Private lessons and training
- All-round holiday care for your horse
- Horse boarding
Gstaad and Saanenland Riding and Carriage Driving Association
Claudia Hauswirth, Lauenen
Fans of bowling and gaming machines have the opportunity to indulge in their favourite pastime in Château-d’Oex.
- Bowling du Parc SA, Château-d’Oex, www.bowling-du-parc.ch