The Destination Gstaad is an excellent starting point for many excursions to sights in the immediate vicinity. We have selected a few recommended sights worth visiting that can be conveniently visited by car or train within one or two hours.
Sights within 50 km or 1 hours' drive
- Castle of Gruyères: built in the 13th century, this castle has a captivating mediaeval charm
- Cailler Chocolate Factory, Broc: the place to see, smell and eat
- The chocolate train: Visit the Castle of Gruyères and the Cailler Chocolate Factory on the Chocolate Train
- Le Moléson: mountain summit 2002 metres above sea level with breathtaking panoramic views from the Jura mountains to Lake Geneva
- Montreux: the jewel of Lake Geneva with Mediterranean style
- Bex Salt Mines: the history of the Bex salt works and salt mine
- Castle of Chillon: travel through eight centuries on Lake Geneva
- Jungfrau Park, Interlaken: leisure park for the whole family. Open from April to the end of October.
- Chaplin's World: In the footsteps of Charlie Chaplin
- More ideas on the Lötschberg excursion site
Excursions within 100 km or 2 hours' drive
- The Tropical House in Frutigen: a fascinating combination of ecological sustainability, exotic flora and aquatic culture
- Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe: a visit to the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau
- Schilthorn - Piz Gloria: 360°-Restaurant, James Bond-World and much more
- Berne: the city of covered shopping arcades is a UNESCO Cultural World Heritage site
- Paul Klee Centre: an artist with Swiss roots who made art history with his "typical Klee style"
- Ballenberg open-air museum: Swiss cantons and their typical architecture at a glance
- Lake Thun: steam-ship cruises with magnificent views of the peaks