Top Hiking Trails
Top Hiking Trails in the Destination Gstaad
The destinations’s diverse and popular Top Hikes fully reflect this wide range of varied hiking options. Once you have your sturdy shoes, sunscreen, relevant tour information, first aid kit, weather-appropriate clothing and your GSTAAD CARD, there is nothing to hold you back from all that is on offer here.
Gstaad-Höhi Wispile-Chrine-Lake Lauenen-Lauenen
Take the cable car up to the Wispile from where this wonderful mountain hike goes all the way to the Chrinetritt. There is then a short, steep descent towards the Chrine Pass and from there you can take the path in direction Lake Lauenen. On the way to Lake Lauenen there are a number of attractive views of the Wildhorn Massif to enjoy.
- Duration of walk: 3 hours
- Highlights: Various activities on the Wispile, boats for hire from the Restaurant Lauenensee
After a short trip by cable car from Zweisimmen to Rinderberg, you set off on foot along the trail over the Gandlouenegrat and on to the Alp Parwenge. This route affords stunning views of the Bernese Alps.
- Duration of walk: 2 hours
- Highlights: Mountain restaurants on the Hornberg with kids’ play areas nearby, extensive areas of Alpine flowers during the summer
This hike to Sparenmoos starts at the Rellerli mountain station. The trail takes you over the Hugeligrat ridge up the Bire and around the Birehubel. Now you hike left hand side uphill to the Hundsrügg (2047 m) and then on to Sparenmoos.
Col du Pillon-Glacier 3000-Sanetsch-Gsteig
The Glacier 3000 aerial cable car goes up from the Col du Pillon to its final stop at Scex Rouge. From here enjoy the magnificent view over the amazing mountain landscape and of the Tsanfleuron Glacier. This route takes you as far as Tours St. Martin (Quille du Diable peak) and on towards Cabane de Prarochet. Return to Gsteig by cablecar Sanetsch.
- Duration of walk: 4:30 hours
- Highlights: Restaurant Barrage du Sanetsch
Col du Pillon-Lake Retaud-Lake Arnen-Feutersoey
This very enjoyable hike takes you from Lake Retaud to Lake Arnen and on to Feutersoey. A magnificent panoramic trail, it includes a scenic Alpine panorama, deep-blue lakes and plenty of adventure in the Great Outdoors.
- Duration of walk: 4 hours
- Highlights: Pedalo and boat hire at Lake Arnen, fishing permits available at the restaurant, boat hire at Lake Retaud
A relaxing mountain hiking route in the Obersimmental and Saanenland
With its 13 stages, this circular route includes the villages of Boltigen, Zweisimmen, Lenk and Gstaad. The stages are very varied and feature many aspects of Alpine culture and mountain farming.
- Duration of walk: Depends on the number of stages covered
- Highlights: Lake Seeberg/Spillgerten region, Bi de Sibe Brünne, Lake Lauenen, Rellerli-Hundsrügg-Jaun Pass panoramic trail
- For more information visit: www.alpnesstrail.ch
This mountain hiking route runs through extensive Alpine and grazing meadows, along Lake Seeberg and through the Spillgerte wildlife preserve. The route affords stunning views of the Simmental mountain scenery. Access is by hiking taxi to Meienberg.
- Duration of walk: 4 hours
- Highlights: Bathing in Lake Seeberg (be warned - it’s cold!), Stierenseeberg mountain restaurant, descent through the coniferous forest to Blankeburg (possibility of seeing chamois)
From Saanenmöser the trail takes you across the Bergmatte towards Grossi Vorsass, up to the Hugeligrat. The journey ends with a cable-car trip from the Rellerli mountain station down into the valley to Schönried.
- Duration of Walk: 2 hours
- Highlights: BBQ area Vorschess, summer toboggan run, scooter on the Rellerli