Lauenen - Lauener Rothorn (2275 M.a.s.l)
Challenging ski tour from the mountain village of Lauenen up to the Lauener Rothorn.
The descent leads along the ascent track or via Gubihubel, Gschwend, Sulz and Inneri Tüffi back to Lauenen.
- Ski touring equipment: touring ski-boots, touring skis with touring bindings, ski poles, skins, ski crampons
- Climbing harness
- Avalanche transeiver
- Backpack, shovel, probe
- Warm weatherproof clothing
- Warm gloves and warm hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Warm drinks
- Snack (high energy foods such as chocolate, dried fruit etc.)
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
More information on gstaad.ch: Travel & Public Transport.