Easing measures as of 23.6.2021
On 23 June 2021, the Federal Council communicated that the following relaxation steps will be implemented as of Monday 26 June 2021:
- No compulsory wearing of masks outdoors, at work and at secondary level II.
- Home office obligation becomes home office recommendation.
- No more capacity restrictions for shops, leisure and sports facilities.
- Relaxations for the catering trade: The restriction on the number of persons per table is dropped. In indoor areas, the obligation to sit when consuming remains, the distance between groups must be maintained and one contact per group must be charged. Those who are not seated must wear a mask. In outdoor areas, the seating obligation and the collection of contact details is omitted.
- Clubs and dance venues open to Covid-certified persons.
- No restrictions for events with Covid certificate.
- Events without Covid certificate: A number of restrictions apply here: maximum 1000 visitors for seated areas, maximum 500 outside and 250 inside for standing areas. In addition, the capacity can be used to a maximum of two-thirds. Inside, masks are compulsory and consumption is only allowed in the restaurant area. No dance or concert events.
- Private events remain restricted: Only 30 people can still meet in private indoor rooms, and a maximum of 50 outside.
- Sport and culture: There are no longer any restrictions on people doing sport or cultural activities together.
- Entry into Switzerland will be made easier: The quarantine requirement will be lifted in principle for people entering from the Schengen area. The testing obligation only applies to those arriving by air. People from third countries who have been vaccinated can also enter the country again.