Measures by the federal government of 13.1.2021
On Wednesday afternoon, 13 January 2021, the Federal Council adopted its latest measures:
- All measures from 18.12.2020 will be extended until the end of February 2021.
- Restaurants as well as cultural, sports and leisure facilities have to remain closed throughout Switzerland since 9 January without the possibility of special cantonal regulations.
- As of Monday 18 January, shops and markets will be closed. Shops and markets that offer goods for daily use are exempt. It will still be possible to pick up ordered goods on site. On the other hand, the regulation that shops, petrol station shops and kiosks must remain closed after 7 pm and on Sundays can be lifted.
- A maximum of five people are allowed to attend private events. Children are also counted towards this number.
- Crowds in public spaces will also be limited to five people.
- Employers are obliged to arrange home office wherever this is possible due to the nature of the activity and can be implemented with reasonable effort. Where home office is not or only partially possible, further measures will be enacted at the workplace: For the protection of workers indoors, masks are now mandatory wherever more than one person is present in a room. A large distance between workplaces in the same room is no longer sufficient.