More rigorous measures as of 19.10.2020
From Monday, 19 October 2020, Switzerland will again have to take more rigorous measures against the spread of the coronavirus:
- Masks must be worn in publicly accessible facilities and indoors.
- Spontaneous gatherings of more than 15 people in public places are prohibited.
- For events with family and friends with 16 to 100 people, the following applies: compulsory masks, collection of contact details, consumption only while seated. A protection concept is obligatory for events with more than 100 persons.
- Compulsory seating in catering establishments. Food and drinks may only be consumed sitting down (indoors and outdoors).
- Home office recommendation.
In addition, major events with more than 1000 persons are prohibited in the canton of Berne until further notice.