Measures by the federal government of 11.12.2020
On Friday afternoon, 11 December 2020, the Federal Council adopted its latest measures, which will apply from 12 December 2020 until 22 January 2021:
- Closing time from 7 pm: Restaurants, bars, shops, museums, libraries and sports and leisure facilities must close between 7 pm and 6 am.
- On 24 December and for New Year's Eve, the curfew does not apply until 1 am.
- Takeaways and delivery services may remain open until 11 pm.
- Cantons with a favourable epidemiological development are allowed to extend the curfew to 11 pm.
- No tightening of private meetings: The Federal Council refrains from further restricting private meetings. It retains the current regulation with a maximum of ten persons. However, it strongly recommends limiting private meetings to two households.
- Public events prohibited: Public events will be banned with the exception of religious celebrations, funerals, political rallies and legislative meetings.
- Sports only with up to 5 persons: Sports activities will now only be allowed in groups of up to five people. Contact sports remain prohibited. Group activities are also restricted to 5 persons in the non-professional cultural sector.
- Sporting and cultural activities (without competitions) by children and young people up to 16 as well as training and competitions in professional sports remain permitted. Rehearsals and performances by professional artists continue to be permitted.