Measures by the federal government of 04.12.2020
On Friday afternoon, 4 December 2020, the Federal Council adopted its latest measures, which will apply from 9 December 2020:
Concerning winter sports and ski resorts
- Stricter rules for winter sports: Ski resorts must have a cantonal permit from 22 December. This is subject to the condition that the epidemiological situation in the canton permits this. This means: sufficient capacities for contact tracing, in hospitals and for testing.
- Capacity limitation in ski resorts: In enclosed means of transport such as cabins and gondolas, only two thirds of the seats may be filled. Masks are compulsory on all lifts, even when queuing. Sufficient distance must also be allowed.
- Restaurants in ski areas: Entry is only permitted if a table is free.
- Control of the cantons by the Confederation: Ski area operators must also submit protection concepts. The cantons must check compliance and also be accountable to the federal government.
- Fewer people in the shops: capacity limitation in the larger shops from today's 4 to 10 square metres per customer.
- New rules for restaurants: collection of contact details is compulsory throughout Switzerland. Closing time is extended to 1 o'clock on New Year's Eve.
- Home office recommendation: employers should make home offices possible.
- Recommendation to limit contacts: Meetings in private homes or restaurants should be limited to two households. The limit of 10 persons is maintained.
- Singing is prohibited: Outside the family circle and compulsory schools, singing is forbidden both outdoors and indoors.