2 hours in Gstaad
- Promenade: Shopping and sightseeing
- Chapel of St. Nikolaus & catholic church
- Cheese Cave (on request): A monument to the cheese! More than 3,000 cheeses, including some historical rarities, set within a sophisticated lighting, the cheese Cave Gstaad welcomes visitors to learn about cheeses and taste its flavours.
- Cheese aging facility (upon request)
- Walk through Gstaad Oberbort: Above the heart of Gstaad you will find beautiful, traditional and modern chalets. Explore this area by passing by the 5* Hotels Gstaad Palace and The Alpina Gstaad.
- Enzian Keramik (on request): See how to make pottery
- Museum der Landschaft Saanen: Learn more about the region and its landscape.
- Menuhin Center: Enjoy all about the musical compositions and spiritual work of Lord Yehudi Menuhin
- Heimatwerk Saanen: Heimatwerk represents the art of local and creative handcraft, made of natural Swiss quality material of long lasting value
- Historical Buildings in Saanen: The village of Saanen, the historical heart of the Saanenland, owes its unique character to its narrow streets and lanes, lined with old timber houses. The Church of Saint Maurice, dating back to the 15th centuryis also an impressive building. Tradition, a rich heritage of craftsmanship, and history all lend the village its particular charm.
- Yehudi Menuhin's Philosophers' Trail (approx. 1h): As you follow this route along the River Saane, you will come across 12 boards carrying quotes from Lord Yehudi Menuhin (1916 - 1999).
- Petting Zoo: Alpenruhe Saanen
- Mauritius Church
- Restaurant Galerie Hüsy: Silhouette exhibition
- Obersimmental Local History Museum (Mo, Sa, Su 14-17 pm)
- Reformed Church Zweisimmen + Beinhaus
3 hours in Gstaad
- Panoramaweg Gruben (approx. 1.20h)
- Turbach Themed Trail: 14 information boards along this trail give an insight into the unique features of the Turbach Valley. The information boards explain the origins of the place names, local history and geological features.
- Horse Carriage Ride (on request): Riding through the beautiful unspoiled countryside in a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh is one of the romantic highlights of any stay in the Destination Gstaad.
4 hours in Gstaad
- Glacier 3000: From the top of Gstaad's glacier you can see 24 summits over 4,000 metres, including Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn and the Bernese Alps. The mountain station with its Restaurant Botta, designed by the award-winning architect Mario Botta is worth a visit alone. The Refuge l'Espace offers stunning panoramic views... (to be reached by private car/public transportation or taxi approx. 30 minutes)
- Hiking Trail Gstaad-Gsteig (approx. 2.30h): From Gstaad railway station the walk takes you along the promenade for a while in direction of Gsteig. From the Würstenkreisel roundabout follow Mattengässli across the valley floor. The river walk along the Saane begins at the Eggli valley station.From Gsteig take the postal bus back to Gstaad.
- Hiking Trail Gstaad-Lauenen (approx. 4h)
- Bollywood-Tours destination of Gstaad (various durations): follow in the footsteps of Bollywood Stars; contact: Gstaad Saanenland Tourismus: email@example.com, tel.: +41 33 748 81 81 or Gstaad Guuides: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.guides-gstaad.ch