The destination Gstaad has a wealth of magnificent bathing lakes, each with its own distinctive character. However, all of them have one thing in common: their special atmosphere and splendid location in the heart of the magnificent natural landscape. We have selected four in particular:
Lake Arnen nestles amidst a magnificent mountainous landscape far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There are plenty of spots along the lake shore for hikers, swimmers and fishermen to stop off and enjoy their rest. And you can also stave off your hunger at one of the many barbecue areas, not to mention the comfortable "Huus am Arnensee" restaurant on the lake itself.
- Location: In the Tschärzistal Valley, 6 km from Feutersoey
- Altitude: 1,542 metres above sea level.
- How to get there: Toll road from Feutersoey
- Hot wo get there - alternative: "Mitfahrbank" - Bench, where car-drivers can pick you up. Located in Feutersoey at the barrier to Lake Arnen and at the Lake Arnen dam.
- Attractions: Lake Arnen circular trail, Fishing, Bathing lake, Pedalo and boat hire, Stand Up Paddels hire
The picturesque Lake Seeberg above Zweisimmen and the surrounding Alps offer an even more attractive hiking area since the opening of the new circular hiking trail. Hikers can enjoy views across Zweisimmen, Saanenmöser, over to the Rinderberg and Sparenmoos as they walk. A refreshing bath in the clear spring water from Lake Seeberg revives body, mind and soul.
- Location: 8 to 10 km from Zweisimmen
- Altitude: 1,831 metres above sea level.
- How to get there: By road from Zweisimmen via Grubenwald to the Meienberg car park or via Schlatt to Milchchäle and then take the road from Diemtigtal to the lake. The hiking taxi runs from June to end of September, by arrangement, every Wednesday and Saturday to the Seebergsee, above Zweisimmen. Meeting place and booking at Zweisimmen Tourist Office.
- Attractions: Lake Seeberg is part of the regional Diemtigtal Nature Reserve, spring water, bathing lake, Lake Seeberg circular trail, wonderful mountain biking route
- Flyer Seebergsee
The small and romantic Lake Retaud is located close to the Col du Pillon surrounded by forests and mountains. The magnificent views stretch as far as the Diablerets glacier. The Restaurant "Le Lac Retaud" is perfect for a snack or light refreshment. And a leisurely outing on the lake in a rowing boat is a wonderful way for nature lovers to take in the magnificent scenery.
- Location: Les Diablerets, 2 km from the Col du Pillon
- Altitude: 1,685 metres above sea level.
- How to get there: By road up to the Col du Pillon pass, then turn right (approx. 10 minutes)
- Public transport: Train from Aigle to Les Diablerets, then take the Isenau gondola or bus to the Col du Pillon and then approx. 45 minutes on foot. A post bus runs between Gstaad and the Col du Pillon.
- Attractions: Bathing lake, Hiking towards Lake Arnen or Les Diablerets
Situated in the heart of a nature reserve, the splendour of Lake Lauenen is an ideal destination for hikers, nature lovers and romantics alike. Boats are available for hire from the Lauenensee Restaurant.
- Location: 4 km south of Lauenen
- Altitude: 1,381 metres above sea level.
- How to get there: By road up to Lake Lauenen, where there is a pay-car park
- Public transport: Bus from Gstaad or Wispile cable car followed by a hike to the lake
- Highlights: http://www.gstaad.ch/en/active/summer/hiking/hikes.html#/detail/U00024Lake Lauenen circular hiking route, Boat hire from the Restaurant Lauenensee, Wonderful nature reserve, View of the Dungelschuss and Geltenschuss waterfalls