2 hours in Gstaad
- Promenade: Shopping and sightseeing
- Chapel of St. Nikolaus & catholic church
- Cheese Cave (on request): A monument to the cheese! More than 3,000 cheeses, including some historical rarities, set within a sophisticated lighting, the cheese Cave Gstaad welcomes visitors to learn about cheeses and taste its flavours.
- Cheese aging facility (upon request)
- Walk through Gstaad Oberbort: Above the heart of Gstaad you will find beautiful, traditional and modern chalets. Explore this area by passing by the 5* Hotels Gstaad Palace and The Alpina Gstaad.
- Enzian Keramik (on request): See how to make pottery
- Museum der Landschaft Saanen: Learn more about the region and its landscape.
- Menuhin Center: Enjoy all about the musical compositions and spiritual work of Lord Yehudi Menuhin
- Heimatwerk Saanen: Heimatwerk represents the art of local and creative handcraft, made of natural Swiss quality material of long lasting value
- Historical Buildings in Saanen: The village of Saanen, the historical heart of the Saanenland, owes its unique character to its narrow streets and lanes, lined with old timber houses. The Church of Saint Maurice, dating back to the 15th centuryis also an impressive building. Tradition, a rich heritage of craftsmanship, and history all lend the village its particular charm.
- Yehudi Menuhin's Philosophers' Trail (approx. 1h): As you follow this route along the River Saane, you will come across 12 boards carrying quotes from Lord Yehudi Menuhin (1916 - 1999).
- Petting Zoo: Alpenruhe Saanen or Wispile Gstaad
- Mauritius Church
- Restaurant Galerie Hüsy: Silhouette exhibition
- Castle Ruin Mannenberg in Mannried
- Obersimmental Local History Museum (Mo, Sa, Su 14-17 pm)
- Reformed Church Zweisimmen + Beinhaus
3 hours in Gstaad
- Guided village-tour Saanen Every Thursday at 4 p.m. we show you through the beautiful village and interesting museum of Saanen.
You will learn a lot about the history, the nature, the culture, the buildings...
The guidance including visit of the museum takes about two hours.
- Wispile Cheese Trail The Wispile is the place to be if you are a lover of nature and interested in learning more about traditional methods of cheese making. There are now new and interesting information boards along the Cheese Trail.
- Rellerli Fondue Trail: The Fondue Trail on the Rellerli offers the very best way of enjoying Switzerland's national dish in a unique and special way. Get the rucksack with everything you'll need from Schönried Dairy. Enjoy this Swiss delicacy in a number of small mountain huts against the backdrop of a landscape created by Mother Nature.
- Horneggli Flower Trail Lots of interesting plants, colourful blooms and exciting names await hikers along the flower trail on the Hornberg. The starting point is easily accessible via the Horneggli chairlift in Schönried. The two sections of this trail are located to the north and south of the mountain station around the Hornfluh. A third steeper section is located on the way up to Hornfluh. The best time of year for this walk is from the end of June to mid-October.
- Panoramaweg Gruben (approx. 1.20h)
- Turbach Themed Trail: 14 information boards along this trail give an insight into the unique features of the Turbach Valley. The information boards explain the origins of the place names, local history and geological features.
- Lauenen Sculpture Trail (approx. 1h): Foresters have carved native animals out of tree stumps with chainsaws along the existing Lauenen - Rohr - Lake Lauenen trail. The carvings blend harmoniously into the natural landscape.
- Lake Lauenen Trail (approx. 1h): Situated in the heart of a nature reserve, the splendour of Lake Lauenen is an ideal destination for hikers, nature lovers and romantics alike. Boats are available for hire from the Lauenensee Restaurant.
- Lake Arnen Woodland Trail (approx. 50 min): A number of information boards providing facts about trees and fishing in the area can be found along this circular route around Lake Arnen. (to be reached by private car or taxi approx. 20 minutes from Gstaad, hiking: 2h from Feutersoey)
- Horse Carriage Ride (on request): Riding through the beautiful unspoiled countryside in a horse-drawn carriage or sleigh is one of the romantic highlights of any stay in the holiday region of Gstaad.
4 hours in Gstaad
- Guided Tour around Lake Lauenen (June- October, Thursday: 2.00 pm on request)(approx. 2.30h)
- High-rope Park: Zweisimmen high-rope park offers thrill-seekers of all ages an unforgettable experience in the tops of gigantic Obersimmental trees. There are five courses, which include funny rope ladders, crazy zip-wires (up to 150 m long) and daring jumps up to 20 metres off the ground
- Alpine Cheese Dairy Tours
- Glacier 3000: From the top of Gstaad's glacier you can see 24 summits over 4,000 metres, including Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn and the Bernese Alps. The mountain station with its Restaurant Botta, designed by the award-winning architect Mario Botta is worth a visit alone. The Refuge l'Espace offers stunning panoramic views... (to be reached by private car/public transportation or taxi approx. 30 minutes)
- Hiking Trail Gstaad-Gsteig (approx. 2.30h): From Gstaad railway station the walk takes you along the promenade for a while in direction of Gsteig. From the Würstenkreisel roundabout follow Mattengässli across the valley floor. The river walk along the Saane begins at the Eggli valley station.From Gsteig take the postal bus back to Gstaad.
- Hiking Trail Gstaad-Lauenen (approx. 4h)
- Chastalet Circular Trail The village of Gsteig was first mentioned in an official record dating back to 1312 as a "Chastalet" (watch, defence or refuge tower). This circular trail is enchanting with the wild and untamed beauty of the Burgfälle waterfall. Boards along the route provide facts and information relating to the past and present of the municipality of Gsteig-Feutersoey(approx. 2.30h)
- Hire a bike Gstaad-Lauenen-Gstaad (approx. 2.50h)
- Bollywood-Tours destination of Gstaad (various durations): follow in the footsteps of Bollywood Stars; contact: Gstaad Saanenland Tourismus: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +41 33 748 81 81 or Gstaad Guuides: email@example.com, www.guides-gstaad.ch