The Gstaad holiday region is ideally suited for family skiing - with children of all ages and interests.
- Various slopes suitable for beginners / specialist family mountains
- Safe ski slopes (winter 07/08: Gstaad = safest of all major ski areas in Switzerland according to analysis by SONNTAGSZEITUNG)
- Learning parks for small children and beginners (children up to 9 years free of charge)
- Ski schools with special offers for children and lessons
- Snow Parks and free-ride possibilities for adolescents
- Skicross slope
- Children up to 9 years travel free of charge on cableways and chairlifts / attractive rates for children
- Free accommodation for children up to 9 years in 15 hotels, providing they share their parents' room
Notes for families with beginners and small children
The basics of skiing are easy to learn, with or without support, at one of the many different learning parks. Most ski schools have specialised skiing courses for children, some available also as block courses, leaving their parents to ski by themselves. There are a number of mountain slopes specially suited for families with small children.
Notes for families with children and adolescents of advanced level
The ski area has more demanding slopes and several snow parks for children and adolescents of an advanced level. Various locations also have suitable free-ride possibilities.
SKIING WITH CHILDREN