Via Ferrata de La Videmanette 1
This via ferrata is equipped with steel cables and iron footholds and leads over rocks and meadows to the cross on the summit of the Rüebli. The route is ideal for learning climbing techniques and also enables less experienced climbers to climb the mountain.
|Region:||Switzerland / Bernes Oberland / Vaud|
|Year of construction:||2002|
|Built by:||Mountain guides and Bergbahnen Destination Gstaad AG|
|Location of valley:||Rougemont, Videmanette valley station|
|Highest point:||2,285 metres above sea level|
|Starting point:||Mountain station-Videmanette cable car|
|Duration:||Climb to starting point: 5 minutes.|
For the climb itself: 1 hour.
Way down: 45 minutes.
|Hire equipment:||Available at the mountain station La Videmanette, CHF 15.- (phone +41 26 925 81 61)|
|Please note:||The Via Ferrata is passable from 8th June to October.|
The Via Ferrata is accessible via walking trails from Saanen or Rougemont in approx. 4 hours.
|Cable car||Summer opening dates|
- Prerequisites for going on a via ferrata: a good level of fitness, sure-footedness and a good head for heights, as well as mountain climbing experience. Climbing with a mountain guide is recommended.
- Only climb in good weather.
- Get down from the wall in case of a sudden drop in temperature or risk of a thunderstorm.
- Appropriate equipment
- Beware of loose rocks – danger of falling rocks
- Climb at your own risk. No liability can be accepted. All individuals are responsible for their own insurance cover.
- Respect flora and fauna.
- Take all rubbish with you
- Report any damage immediately