Skiing & Snowboarding
220 kilometers of runs between 1,000 and 3,000 metres above sea level.
Gstaad Mountain Rides is one of the largest and most diverse winter sports regions in Switzerland with guaranteed snow. Thanks to having the only glacier ski region in the Bernese Oberland, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy winter sports from the end of October right through to the start of May.
Facts & Figures
- Skiing between 1,000 and 3,000 metres above sea level.
- 220 km of runs
- 60% of main slopes equipped with snow canons
- 53 lifts and cable cars
- 22 ski lifts, 10 gondolas, 17 chairlifts, 4 cable cars
- Levels of difficulty: 58% blue, 27% red, 15% black
- 10 winter sports schools
- 8 children's nursery slopes
- 3 snow parks
- 1 ski-cross run
- 1 timed race course (BMW xDrive Cup on the Rinderberg)
- 1 skimovie run (BMW xDrive Skimovie run on the Saanerslochgrat)
- funslope - unique in the Bernese Oberland
- Winter Sports Schools
- Ski and Snowboard Rates
- Gstaad, Alpes Vaudoises & Adelboden-Lenk SuperPass
- Snow'n'Rail Offers
- Lift and Cable Car Prices
- Lift and Cable Car Operating Times
- Public Transport
- Buying Ski Passes Online
- Current Reports
- Timetable Skibus Saanen - Gstaad
- Timetable Skibus Rougemont
- Rental list for wintersports equipment
Our interactive map provides the live status of all lifts, cable cars and ski runs in the holiday region of Gstaad, as well as live webcams, the location of mountain restaurants and other mountain facilities relevant to tourists.
Anyone who didn'tlet their hair down on the slopes during the day has ample opportunity to do so at night in the holiday region of Gstaad. The Wispile andRinderberg offer ski and snowboard enthusiasts winter sports fun late into the evening on floodlit slopes.
There is a permanent ski-cross run on the Rinderberg in Zweisimmen that includes wild waves, bowls, steeply banked curves and jumps for a guaranteed adrenaline rush. Even average skiers, young people and children can try out a ski-cross tour. The run is a perfect addition to the fun-orientated Snow Park facilities in the Gstaad Mountain Rides region. What is more, there is a long tradition of ski-cross in Zweisimmen, with races being held here over 10 years ago.
- Location: Rinderberg
- Real start gate below "Chäle"
- 520 metres long
- Height difference: 100 metres
Mountain Restaurants and Ski Bars
- Rinderberg-Spitz Mountain Restaurant
- Hamilton Lodge
- Fang Restaurant
- Träumli Restaurant (winter only)
- Lothar Stall Bar (winter only)
BMW xDrive Skimovie
Permanent timed giant slalom race course and competition on the Saanerslochgrat. Two cameras record your run. Known as the "BMW xDrive Cup", this skimovie run combines the joy of winter sports with the opportunity of winning attractive prizes. Anyone tan take part.
- Location: Saanerslochgrat, Saanenmöser
How to take part:
- Register online - if you are not already on Skiline
- Enter your ski pass number
- Be credited with badges
- Terms and conditions of entry and prizes
- Demo clip
- During official lift operating times
- NB: The ski lift on the Saanerslochgrat operates from 9:30