The holiday region of Gstaad has a wealth of attractive sports and leisure facilities offering a range of different activities.
Gstaad and tennis are an unbeatable doubles team. Every July, the ATP Tour's elite compete in the Swiss Open Gstaad for valuable world-ranking points. And if you simply want to stay fit on holiday, you'll find plenty of tennis courts in the holiday region of Gstaad.
Public tennis courts
Gstaad Sports Centre:
- 3 indoor courts
- Reservations: +41 33 748 80 90
Badminton and Squash
Quick reactions and good hand-to-eye coordination are what are needed for badminton and squash. The holiday region of Gstaad offers the perfect facilities for this. Badminton
- Gstaad Sports Centre, Reservations: Tel. +41 33 748 80 90
- Hotel Palace, Reservations: Tel. +41 33 748 50 00
- Wellness & Spa Hotel Ermitage, Reservations: Tel. +41 33 748 60 60
Gstaad Indoor Pool
Gstaad indoor swimming pool is located in the Sports Centre and is centrally located. When swimming, guests can enjoy magnificent views of the surrounding mountainous scenery. So regardless of whether you're working out, doing Aqua Fit, just splashing around or having a sliding party on the small water chutes – you'll have a great time here!
- Children's water chute
- Pool: 25 metres
- 1-metre diving board
- Table tennis
- Snack bar
- Other sports available in the Sports Centre: gym, tennis, badminton, sauna, solarium, massage
In renovation, closed until approximately end 2017
The alternative when the weather's not on your side. The perfect place for climbers to work their muscles when the weather's bad so that they can tackle even the most demanding faces.
Information on Vertical Gstaad Indoor Climbing Centre
- Climbing walls: 300 m²
Art-Rock wall system
Height: 11 m
- Boulder cave: 10 m²
Limit wall system
Height: 3 m
Access to the climbing centre is only possible with a key. Available for a deposit of CHF 30.00 from the Saanen and Gstaad Tourist Offices.
Further information on the Vertical Gstaad Indoor Climbing Centre:
Sale and hire of climbing equipment:
Edelweiss Sport: www.edelweisssport.ch
Hire as well at the climbing centre.
Golf enthusiasts bridge the winter break at the simulator. Families and groups find in the new simulator a sociable bad weather activity.
Fans of bowling and gaming machines have the opportunity to indulge in their favourite pastime in Château-d’Oex.
- Bowling du Parc SA, Château-d’Oex, www.bowling-du-parc.ch
Guided outings into the unspoilt countryside or riding lessons in the indoor hall – in classic, English or Western style: the hearts of horse-lovers are sure to beat even faster here.
Gstaad Equestrian Centre
- Training hall 25 x 45 m, opened in December 2010
- Outdoor area 30 x 65 m
- Club room
- 2 hectares of meadows and paddocks
- Riding lessons by riding instructors with Swiss Federal diplomas in German, English, French and Russian
- Carriage-driving Courses
- Accompanied outings, lasting 1.5 to max. 6 hours
- Carriage and Sleigh Rides
- Modern, air-conditioned interior and exterior boxes for hire per day, week or month